[WEB4LIB] RE: Web sites for library staff

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Apr 6 18:03:19 EDT 1999

Boise State University Albertsons Library has Staff web content at
http://libstaff.boisestate.edu/   There is still much more that should be
added, including minutes of several other committees.  But, since I have no
authority to beat committee members to produce minutes, much less publish
them on the web......

Note that a number of the links on that page point to other virtual servers
within the library.  You'll see that the Reference Department is best at
putting out minutes, and the Acquisitions and Serials Departments best at
putting procedures on the web.  They're getting away from three ring
binders full of pages of procedures.  I hope that others will follow, but
it is slow.  Also, note that some links are not underlined; this is an
experiment, as some like underlined links and some don't.   o-)

The library home page is http://library.boisestate.edu/   The staff page is
NOT linked from the home page, but is also not blocked at present.  We
certainly have the ability to limit access to the university's domain, or
to the several subnets in the library, or even to staff with passwords.  So
far, there has been no need to do so.

Any comments solicited and appreciated, either to list or privately.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165