Just-in-Time(sm): Electronic Article Delivery Services

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Wed Sep 30 13:52:20 EDT 1998

              _Just-in-Time(sm): Electronic Article Delivery Services_

    I am pleased to announce the established of a new clearinghouse
devoted to Electronic Article Delivery Services called _Just-in-Time(sm)_
The address for Just-in-Time(sm) is:

        http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Just.htm

_Just-In-Time (sm): Electronic Article Delivery Services_ is a clearinghouse
of projects, research, products and services which are investigating or provide
desktop access, on a 'As Needed' basis, to individual journal, magazine, newspaper, or other
serial publication article, chapter, or paper for which an individual or institution does not have
a formal subscription. Entries have been organized in categories that characterize the scope
of service and within each arranged alphabetically by the name of the service, project, or
publisher.

    I am greatly interested in learning about _other_ such services
that offer *Per View / Pay-As-You-Use / Per Drink * access to _e-journal_
articles, preferrably for non-subscribers that are not presently listed.
[I am not interested in FAX (or other) non electronic delivery for this access option]
[If my headcold gets better, I plan to add a description of
the services provided by The Electric Library, KnowledgeLink InfoMarket,
ChemWeb and MedWeb(?), by the end of this week.]

   I also plan to add key reference that further describe a service as
well as a General Bibliography that will include items that discuss the
issue of Pay-Per-View access in general and would greatly appreciate appropriate citations that are
**not** cited on a service site or already provided to me in response
to my earlier post [Thank you all once again for your interest and time
in nominating candidates and for citations to your work!]

    As in my previous posting, I am most interested in those services
that can provide **seamless** integration with existing E-Journal services provided by Aggregators
or Abstracting and Indexing Services.

    As Always, Any and All Contributions, Queries, Questions, Concerns,
Critiques, Comments, etc. are most well.

    Joy!

Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
and
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/

  	"The Best Way to Predict the Future is To Invent It!"
				Alan Kay