[WEB4LIB] Web uses for the deaf

P. F. (Pat) Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Wed Sep 30 13:25:22 EDT 1998

The woman who manages the Sign Writing web site is doing
a great deal in this area. She is wonderful -- very
approachable, passionate, sincere. She cares a great
deal about this topic. You  can contact her via the
web site, at:

http://www.signwriting.org/

>I'm looking for information on Web applications for deaf students on
>educational, communication and virtual libraries perpectives. How is the
>deaf community using the net? There is someone in the list who is
>working with this? I'm a librarian in Brazil working in a research
>project in a local public school for the deaf  and would really
>appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks a lot, Ana

P. F. (Pat) Anderson               "What speech! Here, the retarded
Dentistry Library, Univ. Michigan   monkey in me tries to combine
1100 Dental Bldg.                   intelligence & void, stupidity
1011 North University Ave.          & the improbable."
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1078
734/763-2953, voice                 Odysseas Elytis, trans Olga
734/764-4477, fax                   Broumas, _Eros, Eros, Eros_,
Internet: pfa at umich.edu               "As the Oyster So Its Pearl,"
WWW: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/               (c)1998.
WWW: http://www.lib.umich.edu/libhome/Dentistry.lib/