Anecdotes re medicine on the web (and time control)

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Sep 27 09:05:04 EDT 1998

This is a portmanteau message--first to say THANKS for all the great input
on time control and resource management tools for public Internet use--I
received so much mail, and so many good ideas, that I am deferring the
columns for a month while I pull all of this good info together!  It will
be hard to squeeze all of the good input into 1600 words (two columns)!  If
you had an idea you wanted to share, or a product you'd like me to look at,
my new deadline for input on the topics of time control and resource
management is October 10.  If you sent me something and you didn't hear
back, it's because I received more mail on this topic than I believe I have
ever received on any other request for input.

Meanwhile, for the very, very next column I'm writing, I'm going to do an
overview of basic medical resources on the Internet, geared for librarians
new to using the Internet as a reference tool.  If you have one favorite
medical resource on the 'net, or an anecdote of how a medical resource on
the Internet helped a patron, I'd love to hear from you before September
29.  Please be sure to include job title, organization, city and state.

Thanks in advance--
Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com http://www.bluehighways.com
Author: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters, Neal Schuman, 1997
Director, Garfield Library of Brunswick, NY  garfield at crisny.org