Library Web site ROI

bboru at si.umich.edu bboru at si.umich.edu
Sat Sep 26 18:42:06 EDT 1998

I can't imagine anyone would seriously entertain that intangible benefits
are not benefits. Is this to say that only *quantifiable* benefits merit
the label? This sounds to me like a justification for avoiding the
critical, complex task of evaluating an organization's efforts in terms of
its mission. Certainly, quantitative analysis is useful as a tool, but to
rely on it as the sole means of assessment is perverse.
Forgive me if I've been overly general in response to a specific request.
It's just that the assertion struck me as facile, to say the least.
Respectfully,
Brian

Brian Sheppard
321 8th St.