New Online web based collection catalog of works by Lee Browne Coye

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Sep 25 16:32:43 EDT 1998

I am proud to announce the opening of a new web based catalog of the art
work of Lee Browne Coye.
The catalog is of art work owned by our library.  It is currently under very
heavy construction and will be for quite awhile.  I am scanning in all of
his art works that we own plus a large set of other related materials.  Lee
Browne Coye lived in Hamilton, NY  and was an illustrator and artist.  He
did illustrations primarily for pulp fantasy magazines and for such
publishers as Arkham House.  He illustrated many of the works of H.P.
Lovecraft.

I am currently trying to locate any photographs of him that I might be able
to borrow for scanning.
The only pictures I have of him are very poor quality newspaper photos.  I
am also looking for input on the design and feel of the pages.  Please do
not tell me how long they take to load.  It will take awhile because of the
number of images.

The URL is:

http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/coye/

We are using our Minolta PS 3000 scanner with Epic 3000 software.  The
majority of his work was black and white so this scanner is excellent for
this project.  The images are all in gif format so far because of space
restrictions.  I will scan any color works of art on a different scanner.
The catalog itself may take some time to load as there are many images in
it.  There will eventually be over 48 in the catalog as well as scans of
related materials from Lee Browne Coye Collection.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
President, SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
E-mail: drewwe at morrisville.edu powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
SUNYLA: <http://www.albany.edu/library/sunyla/>