[WEB4LIB] Help with Web page sizing...

Greg D. Schmitz schmitz at AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG
Tue Sep 22 17:04:14 EDT 1998

Looking quickly at your front page, I see two possible solutions:

#1 Like others have said, you could either resize the photo of the library (I
would do this in your graphics editor - having the browser scrunch it can
indeed make the image lose a lot of the resolution), or shrinking the width of
the menu bitmaps on the left and the right.  Browsers are going to resize your
table based on the width of the widest image.  Either shrinking specific
images, or shrinking the fonts of them all might fix the problem.

#2  A faster solution that doesn't require you to change any of your graphics
at all would be to move all of the items into one single column rather than
two.  If I was in a hurry, that might be the first one I'd try.  Of course,
this would mean that patrons would then have to scroll up and down on a 640x480
screen, but that kind of scrolling is more normal than sideways scrolling.

Hope that helps,

Greg D. Schmitz
Oshkosh Public Library

--
Greg D. Schmitz                         | email:        schmitz at winnefox.org
Reference Librarian                     | Phone:        (920) 236-5205