[WEB4LIB] Re: Inconsistent cross-browser behavior: suggestions?

Leo Robert Klein lk13 at is2.nyu.edu
Thu Sep 10 19:50:08 EDT 1998

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Luc Grondin wrote:

> At 08:32 98-09-04 -0700, Gerald M. Furi wrote:
> >MSIE consistently and correctly goes to all named anchors. Netscape will
> >navigate properly to, say, one or two of such links on a menu of six but
> >stalls on others. Code has been validated. Any ideas?

Here's another guess:  Could the body of text where you have the anchor be
in a table cell?  I've noticed that Netscape is consistantly unable to
find an anchor in such situations.

Yours,

LRK
Leo Robert Klein                                151 E. 25th St., rm. 524
Web Coordinator &                               New York, NY.10010
Digital Resources Developer	                Tel.: (212) 802-2373
William & Anita Newman Library                  Fax:  (212) 802-2360
Baruch College/CUNY                             Email: leo.klein at nyu.edu