Web Forms--Is there a better mousetrap?

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Thu Sep 3 11:05:49 EDT 1998

I've posted a form on the web that allows users to register for library classes:

           http://www.library.tmc.edu/classform.html

When someone fills out and submits the form, I get an email telling me there
is an attachment. I then open the attachment, run a macro, and print the
results.

However, I'm running into two problems. One is that I get a message telling
me there is an attachment, but the attachment isn't there when I go to look.
The other problem is that users will submit a form and get an error message
even though the sumission went through OK.

I'm wondering if there is a better way to do forms on the web--some kind of
software or coding or whatever that  is more sure-fire than the method I'm
using, which is based on the following html coding:

          <FORM>
          <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:donaldb at library.tmc.edu">
          <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="biomed1" VALUE="october8">
                    Etc., etc.
          <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Submit your request">
          <INPUT TYPE=reset VALUE="Clear your request">
          </FORM>

Any help, hints, clues will be appreciated.

Donald A. Barclay                          always the beautiful answer
Houston Academy of Medicine-               who asks the more beautiful question
Texas Medical Center Library                        --e.e. cummings
donaldb at library.tmc.edu