[WEB4LIB] Re: Hogging the Internet Terminals

Amdal at aol.com Amdal at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 20:03:17 EDT 1998

We have implemented an idea( which I got from one of these library listservs)
in our small public library, which is a system of checking the computers out
like a book. The checkout slip has the time on it so if the machines are all
in use, the circ desk, which keeps those slips until the user checks the
machine back in, can tell how long each individual has been at a terminal, and
when their time will be up. If no one comes along, however, users may continue
uninterrupted to their heart's content , or until closing, whichever comes
first.
(Opacs are Opacs only.) So far it all works fine and the usage statistics are
useful as well.

Antonia
Hanson Public Library