[WEB4LIB] metasearch engines

LINDA G RAMSEY lramsey at emh1.otc.cc.mo.us
Fri Oct 23 11:29:41 EDT 1998

I am very interested in the results of this discussion.  I use Inference
most of the time, but try to test other search engines (including
metasearch) regularly.  Inference seems to locate what we want fairly
well, but there are times when Alta Vista (usually Advanced), Dogpile or
Yahoo, etc. do better.

My feeling is that we are operating in a pretty 'fluid' environment.

Regards,

Linda Ramsey	   Assistant Director of Library Services
	  	   Learning Resources Center
		   Ozarks Technical Community College
		   PO BOX 5958	SPRINGFIELD  MO  65802	    417.895.7362