E-Journals in the Era of Print Cancellations

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:35:04 EDT 1998

     _E-Journals in the Era of Print Cancellations_

    For a possible survey (and article, of course),
I am greatly interested in any citations, observations,
or cosmic insight [:-)], on Faculty attitudes regarding
the purchase of E-Journals before/during/after a **Print**
Serials Cancellation project.

    I am particularly interested in views that relate
to the actual or perceived benefit of providing
distributed access to preferred journals with the trade-off or
necessity of cancelling the print version of such journals
or print journals of less local value or importance to support
such desktop access.

   In summary, the question is:

   Do faculty recognize the value of E-journals so much so
that they will are willing to cut print journals?

   The attitudes of librarians on this issue is also of
interest.

   As Always, I'd very much appreciate Any and All Comments,
Citations, Questions, Contributions, Queries, etc. on this
matter. I will be glad to summarize for this list.

   Joy!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
and
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

     "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                 Alan Kay