[WEB4LIB] ISDN line

Shawn J.P. West [ Kiratoy ] kiratoy at panix.com
Wed Oct 7 17:11:22 EDT 1998

It may be cost prohibitve if usage is HIGH. I have ISDN but do Voice over
data so i don't pay the .01 cents per minute that a Data person might.
Also my provider gives me an unlimited accout for 40$ per month my phone
bill is 14-20 $ per month for ISDN single channel and 40 per month for
provider. *single channl is 64k [ date ] 56k [ Data over voice ]

Could your needs be served better with Dialup V.90 modems and a provider
that supports the v.90 [ of 56k ]?

a good source for ISDN & DSL info is www.dsldog.com you can mail tech
questions there are well.

you will also need a Terminal Adapter [ digital modem ] they run about
200-300. CO install is about 70 - 170 $ [ nynex is running a free install
promo inthe nyc area YMMV ]. If you want to get multiple computers online
you need a router [ 500 - 1000 ].

I am sure others may offer more but e-mail me directly if you have more
questions or if i was unclear.

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Cleo Pappas wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> My Director has requested that I check into establishing an ISDN line
> between the library and local public school district.  In this way
> children would have access to their e-mail accounts as well as all the
> databases that the district offers.  Is anyone familiar with the
> pitfalls and plusses of such a project?  What is a possible price range
> of setup and then ongoing maintenance? Any and all info will be
> appreciated!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cleo Pappas
> La Grange Park Public Library
> La Grange Park, IL

Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn
again to exercise his will.                      -:- Albert Schweitzer
                                                     http://www.kiratoy.com
                                                           kiratoy at 2600.com