Netscape, the right mouse button, the desktop, frames, etc.

Charlie Crawford ccrawfor at tcc.tacoma.ctc.edu
Fri Oct 30 06:02:15 EST 1998

We use Ikiosk to disable the right mouse button within Netscape. We do
this primarily so students won't change the desktop wallpaper. So far so
good. However, we feature to students the print preview capability of
Netscape, and it is not possible to print preview a framed page. A
solution to the previewing-a-framed paged problem is to open the frame
in a new window. One does this with the right mouse button. Therein lies
our problem.

The question is: has anyone found a way to protect the desktop from
unintended backgrounds without disabling the right mouse button in
Netscape. All of our public access machines run Windows 95. I researched
the archive to see if this had been addresses before, but I did not find
an answer to this.

Thanks in advance. Charlie

--
Charlie Crawford                         email:
ccrawfor at tcc.tacoma.ctc.edu
Library Unit Manager
http://www.tacoma.ctc.edu/library
Tacoma Community College