[WEB4LIB] Problem with telnet in Netscape Navigator 4.06

Teri Titus titust at pls.lib.ca.us
Thu Oct 22 20:13:26 EDT 1998

When I had problems with telnet & Fortres with Netscape 3.03, this is the
response I had from Fortres tech support... maybe it will work for you
also...

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 18:28:30 -0500
To: Belmont Reference Desk <titust at pls.lib.ca.us>
From: Eric McCartney <eric at fortres.com>
Subject: Re: Fortres & telnet

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

In order to be able to telnet, you will need to remove the check mark from
My Computer on the Windows Disable page.  Then, go to the Shell Objects page
and select the user name NO ACCESS.  Next, click on the object name, MY
COMPUTER.  This will give the computer access to My Computer but, the user
will not have access.  The last thing you will need to do is list
TELEPHON.INI in the Do Not Protect box on the File Protect page.  If, by
chance, this does not take care of the problem, look in the Diagnostics page
for further file conflicts.

Eric S. McCartney
Technical Support
Fortres Grand Corporation

Email:  eric at fortres.com
Web:  http://www.fortres.com
Voice:  1.800.331.0372  or  219.935.3868
Fax:  1.800.882.4381 or  219.935.3869