[WEB4LIB] RE: monitor resolution

Nettie Lagace alagace at hbs.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:50:09 EDT 1998

Another thing to note is that printing is difficult, if not impossible, for widths over about 700 pixels.  Last week I visited http://www.financialweb.com/ , which was a really content-rich site, but tables throughout are set at 778 pixels. I had to set my Netscape print margins to **zero** in order to get the stuff to my clients.  I complained via email to the site editor, and he replied that the table width was the result of a recent redesign overhaul; he'd personally opposed going over 600 pixels but had lost out to other members of the team.

So if you've got stuff that people will want to print out (and who doesn't? :-), watch it, I say.

Nettie

Nettie Lagace
Business Information Librarian
Baker Library, Harvard Business School