Problems with Netscape Communicator as Front end

Audrey B. Wright abwright at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 6 11:26:47 EDT 1998

We here at Princeton University Library are trying to use Netscape
Communicator as the front end for our NT workstations in a public
environment, but have encountered two major problems:

*We need to bypass the "session profile" dialog, which seems to be a
problem in Communicator where it was possible in Netsape 3.0 (there were
no session profiles in that version)

*We currently use a local launching application with Netscape 3.0 for our
Networked CD-ROMS (W3 Launch), and want to use it with Communicator,
having it launch CDs directly, bypassing the "Open Now or Save to
Disk"' dialog.

Or, as anyone run Communicator from a server rather than on local
workstations?

Thanks in advance.

Audrey B. Wright
Reference Librarian