[WEB4LIB] Re: New From Filtering Facts

Filtering Facts burt at northwest.com
Wed Oct 21 01:01:49 EDT 1998

>On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Dan Lester wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I should know better than to respond to David's
>> most-likely-apocryphal stories....but this one I just don't understand.
>> Maybe someone can answer the questions below.....and off list is fine
with me.

>> Why did it take an examination of the patron's hands?  Did the staff member
>> where rubber gloves for such examination?   I would surely hope so.  And,
>> if ejaculation is, by policy, I presume, an inappropriate activity for the
>> library, why did it take an examination of his hands to determine that?
>> And, is ejaculation the problem, or is the real problem that he didn't
>> clean up.   Heavens, there are much worse restroom activities I've cleaned
>> up after in academic libraries over the years.

Actually, I had the same questions.  I find somewhat lurid and slightly
kinky to be spending "a long time" looking for sperm on some kid's hands.

I didn't make that stuff up, BTW.  Those are real patron complaints logs.  I
just publish 'em.

David Burt	President, Filtering Facts
Website: 	http://www.filteringfacts.org
E-Mail:  	David_Burt at filteringfacts.org