[WEB4LIB] URL Promotion, Placement Purchasing

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Tue Nov 10 15:39:49 EST 1998

I attended the Internet Librarian conference last week, and I seem to
remember someone mentioning that Alta Vista would be entering the
pay-for-placement arena too.  I don't think the speaker was referring to
AV's RealName service, but I may be mistaken.  I just checked Search Engine
Watch, and don't see anything mentioned there about it.

Did anyone else hear this mentioned at Internet Librarian?