[WEB4LIB] Re: As if lousy HTML editors weren't bad enough...

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 5 14:03:15 EST 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Michael Sauers wrote:

> I teach all my students that getting into the habit of using the quotes will
> help them in the long run so they don't have to worry whether or not they're
> necessary.

Yes, I also train my workshop students the same way, but for an additional
reason. XML requires quoted attribute values. It is best to get accustomed
to good coding practices than sloppy ones. That way, if you ever want to
do something more sophisticated down the road you won't have bad habits
you have to unlearn.
Roy