Linking to American Memory graphics

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Tue Nov 24 20:29:36 EST 1998

I'm always on the lookout for material for our local history page, so I was
quite pleased to see that the American Memory project at the Library of
Congress (http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/) has digitized a number of photos from
our area.

I created a couple of pages linking to these graphics and pasted in the
formidable URLs.  I suspected these might only work for the request I had
placed, so after I uploaded the page I tried it on a couple of other PCs, and
it worked fine.

A couple hours later, however, I got errors.  You can see what I was working
with by going to http://www.scpl.org/history/pictures and looking at either the
General Electric or Grout Park School pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I may link to these pages?  You may
replicate my hit list by going to the AM site and using "schenectady" as a
search term.  I could not come up with anything which looked like a "real"
address.

Thanks for any help.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org