[WEB4LIB] Web/ADA/uh oh...

Ken Becker beckerk at pls.lib.ca.us
Sun Nov 15 19:53:37 EST 1998

The site http://www.cast.org/bobby (cast = Center for Applied Special
Technology) allows users to plug in a web site and "Bobby the online
accessibility cop" tells you how accessible the site is.  I put in
www.mtc.ca.gov and Bobby's main complaint to deny a stamp of approval was
the lack of alternate text for some images.  There were also a bunch of
recommendations Bobby made.

The only part of MTC's site I found that referred to schedules was the
link to www.transitinfo.org, which was largely text-based and mostly was
Bobby-approved.

Ken Becker
Menlo Park PL