Library accident sidelines Rolling Stones

Jeff Bobicki bobicki at amigo.net
Sun May 31 21:12:22 EDT 1998

I can't believe I even know about this but ... It just so happens that in
addition to my Library stuff... I have a web site about Lilith Fair 98 and
was following rumors of Sheryl Crow cancelling the Lilith tour and going
with the Rolling Stones to Europe ...

But I digress ... wait till you see this !!!

*************
Keith Richards Down; Rolling Stones, Too

by Daniel Frankel
May 29, 1998, 12:25 p.m. PT

It's not as tragic as when Spinal Tap lost a drummer in a bizarre gardening
accident, but another legendary British band, the Rolling Stones, will be
out of comish for a bit while their
five-decade-chemistry-experiment-gone-awry guitar player, Keith Richards,
recovers from a freakish library incident. Honest.

Seems the 53-year-old wrinkled rocker got high and hurt himself again. No,
not that kind of high. According to his agent's statement, Richards fell
off a ladder while trying to retrieve a book in the library of his
Connecticut home last weekend.

The statement said Richards "sustained injuries to his ribs and chest after
the fall," but no other details about his condition were given other than
"he had not been drinking" at the time of the spill. No word on what title
caused Richards' tumble.

As for Mick Jagger, Ron Wood and the rest of the geriatric band, their
European Bridges to Babylon tour, scheduled to start Friday, has been
delayed until Richards comes off the disabled list.

How long will the delay last? "During the next week, doctors will give
promoters of the tour a clean indication of Keith Richards' recovery
period, and an announcement will follow if any more European concerts are
affected," the Richards statement adds.

For now, four shows in Germany and Croatia have been postponed.

According to Reuters, this latest setback is similar to the last time the
35-year-old rock band canceled several shows. That was back in 1990, also
in Europe, when one of Richards' fingers got infected after he punctured it
on a guitar string.

As Keith heals this time, we have one question: If you're a doctor, what
kind of pain medication do you prescribe to this guy?

What can I say ...

Cheerio Jeff
Technical Consultant Colorado Southwest Regional Library System

My Lilith site:
http://home.amigo.net/bobicki/lilithl.html