URL Launching QWS3270 on NT Workstation

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Fri May 29 16:18:29 EDT 1998

At 12:10 PM 5/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Anyone have any ideas on command-line switches/tricks to get QWS3270 to
>auto-connect to host addresses in tn3270 urls?  The app opens fine but I
>can't get QWS3270 (v. 3.2f) to auto-load the address (e.g.
>tn3270://louis.lsu.edu).
>
>I'm running Netscape 4.05 & Windows NT 4.0 sp3.  I've tried using the same
>switches that come w/ telnet apps (%1 etc.) to no avail.

I don't know about NT (although I will soon be having to learn)
But we are using QWS3270 under Windows 3.x to connect directly to our
online catalog.

I opened QWS3270 - made the connection and configured the session the way I
wanted it (including telling it to autoconnect) - and saved that
configuration.

I then created an icon that pointed to that configuration file.

When I click on the icon Windows recognizes that it needs QWS3270 to use
that file and opens the program with those settings loaded and connects to
the server designated in the configuration (much like clicking on an MSWord
document would bring up MSWord with that document loaded).

So far, this has worked fine for me.
Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager	Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC				Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054