Streaming Audio

Margaret Vail Anderson mvail at servtech.com
Wed May 27 20:48:20 EDT 1998

Not sure if this will be of any use to you but I'm
really intrigued by the potential of 'streaming media'.

I was so impressed by the quality of RealAudio sound after listening
to a 90 minute Frank McCourt (author of Angela's Ashes) talk
given in Dallas that I bought some shares of RealNetworks. (The stock
has had a really wild ride. I bought it at 23, it went up in
two weeks to 39, when I sold 1/3rd of the shares and now
its back to where I bought it again.)

I've compiled a list of audio resources on the web, many
of which are RealAudio files:

http://www.servtech.com/~mvail/audio.html

As you are no doubt aware RealNetworks has released
a free version of their new G2 RealPlayer available at:

http://www.real.com/g2/products/player/downloadpage.html

But it requires a Pentium 100 or faster which I don't have.

The concept of convergence (or is it convergance) gets
much more comprehensible when you see what 'streaming
media' can do.

Regards

Margaret Vail Anderson
mvail at servtech.com