Life is But A Stream: Streaming Audio for Auditory Browsing

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Wed May 27 14:46:16 EDT 1998

Life is a But a Stream:
      Streaming Audio for Auditory Browsing

Recently, I announced the establishment of a new clearinghouse of projects, research, products, or services devoted to Auditory Browsing in Web and bon-Web Databases called _The Next WAVe(sm)_. _The Next WAVe(sm)_ is available at:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Wave.htm

I am greatly interested in learning about additional
efforts in the field of Auditory Browsing that employ _Streaming Audio_ (e.g RealAudio) to display or present data or information in Web databases as potential candidates for inclusion in a future update of _The Next WAVe(sm)_.

As Always, Any and All contributions, citations, comments, critiques, questions or queries, are Most Welcome.

Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University Ames IA 50011