IE's Active Desktop on Public Stations?

Janice Adlington jana at InfoNET.st-johns.nf.ca
Wed May 27 09:44:12 EDT 1998

	Is anyone using Internet Explorer's Active Desktop with Windows
NT 4.0 on your public OPAC stations?  And if so, can you successfully
prevent your students/patrons from modifying the desktop?

	Some context:  today, all our public machines are MacIntoshes,
running Netscape.  By the end of the week, they will all be NT, running -
something...  We're not overly concerned with how our patrons use the
applications we've loaded, but we don't want them adding extras.  The
above has been put forth as a plan.

	Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

					Janice Adlington
					Trinity College Library