HTML: WEB typography

Shawn J.P. West (BlackSheep) kiratoy at panix.com
Sun May 24 10:00:39 EDT 1998

I expected that, but when you get windows it installs certain fonts, when
you install IE for the mac it installs certain fonts. This is not and
endorcement of Microsoft or it's products which dominate most of the
business destops in the world. It's and example of what is out there
and being used:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/fonts/fonts03.htm

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Tony Barry wrote:

> At 5:42 AM 1998/05/24, Shawn J.P. West (BlackSheep) wrote:
> >This is a list of some of the standard fonts that ship with microsoft
> >products. I've found it helpful in my construction efforts.
>
> Why? Many of us choose not to use Microsofts's expensive, huge, slow and
> insecure products.
>
> Avoid anything which is platform or vendor specific.
>
> Tony

>    mailto:tonyb at netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
>  mailto:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au   | GPO Box 1680
> http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
>       Phone +61 4 1242 0397         | AUSTRALIA

I can do small things in a great way.   -- James Freeman Clarke
                                                     http://www.kiratoy.com
                                                           kiratoy at 2600.com