HTML: WEB typography

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Sat May 23 20:59:26 EDT 1998

First: I'm not making a statement one way or the other on the content of this
article, I haven't finished reading it but with the recent threads on CSS and
fonts, which this article states:

"Although the <FONT> tag is facing extinction thanks to Cascading
                      Style Sheets, it remains a stable, backwards-compliant,
cross-
                      browser tag that consistently selects the appropriate
font from a
                      list of commonly installed faces. "

There is an article called :

                  Terrific type tips
                  23 ways to make your site work smart and look good.
                  In BUILDER.COM.
at
http://www.builder.com/Graphics/Type/index.html?st.cn.fd.acol.bl

I thought others would be interested, of course everyone has an opinion which
might vary from the author's.

nuf said,

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured by
the number of complaints received