schoool / public internet policy

Jeff Bobicki bobicki at amigo.net
Wed May 20 18:39:58 EDT 1998

Hi all !!

Interesting dilemma you have here. Prior to actually coding Librowse, this
was one of the situations that was considered in depth by Bob Cherry and
myself. We spent a great deal of time talking to Librarians.

We feel that the solution is already in your hands.

This is not a detailed setup ... only a conceptual view.

Setting it up isn't exactly a walk in the park ... but it is spring and
time to spend in the park anyway !

Here is the scenerio ... Use the Windows Policy editor to set up 2 profiles
on the subject machine (check my website for complete info on this) ... one
for school and another for public.

Install Netscape 2 times. Once in the default location (for use by
Librowse) and another in some secondary location.

Use profile 1 that uses Librowse (with filtering) with NO netscape icon.

Use profile 2 that uses Netscape alone (no filtering)

That should cover it. I would be quite happy to augment the existing
documentation to Librowse to address this situation. As I say, I believe
the problem is already solved.

Best Regards,
Jeff Bobicki
http://home.amigo.net/bobicki/