Disability Access Design Standard

Joe Schallan jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Mon May 18 18:39:06 EDT 1998

I haven't been following the thread on web design
for users with disabilities too closely, so my apologies
in advance for any repetition.

The March/April 1998 issue of Public Libraries
contains a brief article on an accessibility effort in
San Jose, California ("Libraries Make Services
Accessible," page 108).

>From the article:  "San Jose Public Library's
home page demonstrates the award-winning
Disability Access Design Standard developed
by the City of San Jose."

Library:  www.sjpl.lib.ca.us
City:  www.ci.san-jose.ca.us

According to the article, the Design Standard itself
can be found at the City of San Jose's web site.

Joe Schallan
Glendale Public Library
jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us