Changing Win95 shutdown default

Jeff Bobicki bobicki at amigo.net
Mon May 18 16:57:11 EDT 1998

Hi Glen ... I wish it was that easy. It isn't. It is like getting rid of
"My Computer" on the desktop. Good Luck !!

This function is part of the "registry memory".

The registry has more than one "working copy"

Until you do a power down reset, the last working registry is the one that
is used. It is VERY difficult to modify each of the registry copies
(especially the one in use at the moment)

About the best you can do without the probability of getting into trouble
is use the functionality of Microsoft Power Toys. In particular Tweak UI.
Several powertoys are available for free. Do a search and get the one
appropriate for your system.

Best Regards

Jeff Bobicki
Technical Consultant Colorado Southwest Regional Library System

Jeff's Technical Area
http://home.amigo.net/bobicki/