[ANNOUNCEMENT] Library Director's Forum at ALA

Jul,Erik jul at oclc.org
Mon May 18 14:22:35 EDT 1998

The OCLC Institute announces "Knowledge Access Management: A Director's
Forum," Sunday, June 28, 2:00-4:00 p.m., Kellogg Conference Center
Ballroom, Gallaudett University, 800 Florida Ave., NE, Washington, D.C.
(a short Metro ride from the ALA conference center).  Registration
limited to library directors.

We have distilled the OCLC Institute's popular "Knowledge Access
Management" seminar (everything that more than 250 seminar participants
have told us "I want my director to hear this")...

...and now we are prepared to share with you our insights on:

*  The impact of technology on cataloging
*  Current practice and emerging trends in cataloging Internet resources
*  Metadata: uses, trends, and implications
*  Directions in continuing education
*  Opportunities for action (and the threats of inaction)
*  Building a consensus for a future world

This update session is free, but registration is required and seating is
limited to the first 100 registrants.  Light refreshments served.  For
more information and to register online, please see
http://purl.org/oclc/institute.

Yours truly,

--Erik

Erik Jul