Style Sheets

Jeff Bobicki bobicki at amigo.net
Fri May 15 21:34:06 EDT 1998

Hi all !!

I have been watching this style sheet discussion and I must admit I am more
than a little perplexed by it.

As principal author of Librowse, I have been swamped by requests from
Libraries all over the world for support which I and my co-author Bob
Cherry have been only too happy to provide.

In addition, I provide technical support and workshops to Libraries all
over Southern Colorado.

What has me confused here is :

1) Libraries should be providing a conduit to information that is as far
reaching as possible. Content should be the primary objective.

2) Style is nice ... but using this technique shuts out a VERY large
percentage of browsers today.

Is this really what you want to do ??

I am a webmaster and just presented workshops for Libraries on web page
design. I consulted several other webmasters during the development of this
workshop and we all agreed that stylesheets were a no no. It's exclusion of
the majority of browsers was not in the best interest of the Library
community today. Next year might be a whole different story ...

Content is what brings visitors to begin with .... it is what brings them
back.

Best Regards

Jeff Bobicki

http://home.amigo.net/bobicki/

Technical Consultant - Colorado Southwest Regional Library System
Director of Engineering - Airwavz National Broadcasting
Communications Consultant - Amigo.net
Chief Engineer - Unlimited Electronics