CSS2 and Core Styles

Tony Barry tonyb at netinfo.com.au
Thu May 14 09:20:33 EDT 1998

At 7:55 AM 1998/05/13, Bill Drew wrote:
>Maybe I'm a little slow but I really don't understand what is to be
>gained from style sheets.  I don't see the real difference between such
>result.

The big difference is that a change in a style sheet can affect thousands
of pages. Changing tags just affects one. Its like using styles in a good
word processing software like AppleWorks. It saves you time and effort and
appeals to the lazy in me.

Tony

mailto:tonyb at netinfo.com.au mailto:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry
Phone +61 4-1242-0397 or in Australia 041 242-0397
Ningaui Pty Ltd, GPO Box 1680, Canberra, ACT 2601
Convenor of the link network policy list link at www.anu.edu.au