IE 4.0 and Macintosh Answered

Laura Zeigen zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Wed May 13 17:25:19 EDT 1998

Thanks to all who replied to my original e-mail. Thanks especially to Thomas
Dowling, who made the  suggestion to eliminate the extra <p> tags in the table
outside the <td> tags. This worked!

Laura Zeigen - zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Library Web Manager
Oregon Health Sciences University
Portland, Oregon

>>> Laura Zeigen <zeigenl at ohsu.EDU> 05/13/98 01:57pm >>>
Greetings, Web4Libers,

Our main Web page,  <http://www.ohsu.edu/bicc-Library>, does not show up
properly when viewed through Internet Explorer 4.0 running on a Macintosh: it
loses the entire middle column of a three-column, three-row table, and loses the
top two cells for the last column.

I have tested this with the following, all of which showed the page properly:
1. Internet Explorer 4.0 on Windows95
2. Internet Explorer 3.0 on Macintosh
3. Internet Explorer 3.0 on Windows95

I also checked Internet Explorer 4.0 on the Macintosh after I had stripped a
bunch of codes away (at
<http://www.ohsu.edu/bicc-Librayr/test/980512library.htm>). This still yielded
the same problem.

We installed IE4.0 on several different Macintoshes from an Office98 CD, each
with the same result.

Note: I wanted to rule out our copy of IE4.0 from the CD, so I tried to download
a "fresh" copy of IE4.0 for the Mac from the Microsoft site numerous times, and
received a data error each time.

Is there a known bug for Internet Explorer 4.0 with Macintosh? I am not using
any non-standard tags that I am aware of.

Thank you, in advance, to any of you who take a look at this.

Laura Zeigen - zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Library Web Manager