Problem saving Word files/Possible virus?

Mary Bush mary_bush at email.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed May 13 11:54:25 EDT 1998

Has anyone encountered a virus infecting Word that inhibits saving files and responds with "permission denied" ?
I have tried "save", "save as", opening a new file and then trying to "insert"  the file and I still get one of 3 error messages-
"permission denied"
"disk may be full or write protected"
"directory or file cannot be created".
Actually, the error message started with "permission denied" and has now gone into the other 2 varieties.
I have plenty of disk space, this happens no matter how many programs are open at one time, and the file (s) are not write protected.

I'm using Windows95, Word 6.0 and on a Novelle 4.11 network.

Thanks for any assistance and I apologize if I have missed a discussion on this topic.