(no subject)

Cleo Pappas pappas at aimhi.com
Tue May 12 15:39:19 EDT 1998

This message will be posted to several lists.  Please excuse
duplication.  As a part time reference librarian and graduate student in
library and information science, I have been increasingly fascinated
with the vagaries of the world wide web as a research tool.
Accordingly, I have elected to investigate the impact of free web sites
on the provision of reference service within the the public library.
Although much of the project will be confined to public libraries in the
state of Illinois, I am very interested in hearing relevant observations
from any subscribers to this list.  Do you consider free web sites as
viable reference sources? Under what circumstances do you or your
colleagues or subordinates tend to turn to the web?  What impact,  if
any, has the web had on reference service in your library?  Any
pertinent thoughts or observations will be most deeply appreciated.
This project is being completed under the direction of Dr. William
Crowley of Dominican University.  Please e-mail your responses to me
privately at pappas at aimhi.com.  Thank you for your assistance!

Cleo P. Pappas

--
"Society is no comfort to one not sociable."
William Shakespeare