Netscape and Lexis-Nexis Universe

Tim Smith smitht at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri May 8 11:30:01 EDT 1998

I am writing this on behalf of a colleague, who manages our in-library
public network, running under Windows 3.11, which provides web-based access
to a variety of databases. His problem is this:

We've been using Internet Explorer 3 as the browser on these workstations
and, for a variety of reasons, want to change over to Netscape. On a test
bed machine, Netscape 4.05 seems to work fine with all of our databases
EXCEPT Lexis-Nexis Universe, one of the most popular ones. Getting to the
Lexis-Nexis home page isn't the problem, but every search he has tried has
resulted in a "Document Contains No Data" message. Clearing the cache has
no effect on those results. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on
and/or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or encouraging words!

Tim Smith

Tim Smith                     e-mail: TSMITH1 at OHIOU.EDU
Instructional Librarian       phone: (614) 593-2634
Reference Dept.               fax: (614) 593-0138
Alden Library
Ohio University               "Technology has replaced reflection."
Athens, OH  45701                                -- Utah Phillips