Library database with attachment possibilities

Kjellberg, Sara sara.kjellberg at investor.se
Wed May 6 11:05:04 EDT 1998

Hello

We are working a lot with electronic documents (pdf) and have therefore
created an electronic archive (a very simple database). Now we want to
find, or create, a database which we can use for our print material as
well as our electronic documents in pdf.

Because our users are widely spread, the thought is to create an
electronic library were we attach the pdf-files directly as a link to
the bibliographic information. But because there still is information in
print we also want the possibility to make a good bibliographic database
with lending possibilities. Furthermore it would be excellent if it also
were possible to make the database available on the web.

I know it is much to ask for from a smaller database, but the
development is going in the direction with less printed documents in our
company. Does anyone now of such a system? We don´t want to create
something that already exists, maybe it already exists a small
librarysystem which can do excactly these things ( I´ll keep my fingers
crossed)? Maybe you know which sort of databaseprogramme to use to
create a database like this.

Thanks in advance!

Sara Kjellberg

Investor AB