Computer Screens and Colors

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu May 28 09:18:04 EDT 1998

All of our public terminals are set to 800 by 600 pixels.  We have 15
inch monitors on most of our machines.  Setting to kihger resolution can
make it harder for visually handicapped and a database we will soom be
subscribing to uses special Netscape plugins that require 800 by 600
resolution to display a special proprietary document format (RepairLine
from Mitchell's for our automotive tech program).  I try to desgin our
public pages for 800 by 600 format.  I also reduce the number of colors
in JPEG files when I use them.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Support the North East Dairy Compact. Help the family dairy farm
survive.