Thanx

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Tue May 19 09:16:31 EDT 1998

I would like to thank all those that responded to the "My Computer icon"
query.   It seems there is no built-in method to hide just the My
Computer icon without disabling all desktop icons.  And, certain
programs can be disabled from the policy editor such as Regedit and some
control panel programs.  But more over, Windows 95 needs third party
programs for setting true security restrictions.  Some may not remember
this query but I have just now caught up in my work to where I can send
this response.

Thanx
Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured
by
the number of complaints received