"Niche" Indexes on the Web?

Jack Solock jacks at cs.wisc.edu
Fri May 1 11:30:38 EDT 1998

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're after, but, hopefully, there
will be some leads for you here. Below you will find a selected list of
indexes to literature and bibliogrphies compiled for the Scout Report and
Subject Specific Scout Reports since October of 1996. I have tried to
narrow them to just institutional products (there are also some excellent
individual efforts). Some of them have search interfaces and some do not.
All of them, I believe, are excellent. The first URL for each is to the
Scout Report annotation on the resource. The second URL is to the resource
itself. As of two weeks ago, all of the URLs worked.

Hope this helps

Jack

Jack Solock					jacks at cs.wisc.edu
Internet Librarian--Internet Scout Project	608-262-6606
Editor--The Scout Report and Subject
  Specific Scout Reports
Dept. of Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/scout -- Internet Scout Project Home Page

Bibliographical Society of Virginia: Studies In Bibliography
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-980306.html#1
Site: http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/bsuva/sb/

gender Inn: Women's and Gender Studies Database
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-980313.html#6
Site: http://www.uni-koeln.de/phil-fak/englisch/datenbank/e_index.htm

New Books in Nineteenth-Century Studies
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980324txt.html#18
Site: http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/english/19c/newbooks.html

Recommended Readings on the Ancient Near East
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980310txt.html#10
Site: http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/DEPT/RA/RECREAD/REC_READ.html

Annotated Bibliography and Guide to Archival Resources on the History of
Jewish Women in America
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971216txt.html#3
Site: http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/WomensStudies/jewwom/jwmain.htm

Thesaurus of Geographic Names--Getty Information Institute
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-980109.html#2
Site: http://www.ahip.getty.edu/vocabulary/tgn.html

Working-Class Bibliography
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980127txt.html#4
http://as.ysu.edu/as/cwcs/bib.html

Bach Bibliography
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-971114.html#7
http://www.music.qub.ac.uk/~tomita/bachbib.html

Directory to the Subject Bibliographies in Environmental Ethics--Harvard
Seminar on Environmental Values
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-971017.html#1
http://divweb.harvard.edu/csvpl/ee/bib/

Uncovering Women's History in Archival Collections
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971007txt.html#5
http://www.lib.utsa.edu/Archives/links.htm

ABZU: Guide to Resources for the Study of the Ancient Near East
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970815.html#2
http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/DEPT/RA/ABZU/ABZU.HTML

Center for the Study of Books in Spanish for Children and Adolescents
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970829.html#11
Site: http://www.csusm.edu/campus_centers/csb/

Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology Online (DDM)
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970725.html#5
Site: http://www.music.indiana.edu/ddm/

University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian's Office
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-960209.html#3
Site: http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/WomensStudies/

Beethoven Bibliographic Database (description)
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970131.html#3
Site (description): http://www.music.sjsu.edu/Beethoven/database.html
Beethoven Bibliographic Database
telnet://sjsulib1.sjsu.edu

Handbook of Latin American Studies Online
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970124.html#2
Site: http://lcweb2.loc.gov/hlas/

AsianDOC--Asian Database Online Community Electronic Newsletter
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-980327.html#1
Site: http://asiandoc.lib.ohio-state.edu/

Bibliography for Research on International Human Rights Law
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980324txt.html#5
Site: http://www.umn.edu/humanrts/bibliog/BIBLIO.htm

British Library for Development Studies (BLDS) Bibliographic Database
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980224txt.html#2
Site: http://www.ids.ac.uk/bldsdb/

Netherlands Institute for Social Sexological Research (NISSO) Database
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1998/ss-980210txt.html#1
Site: http://www.niwi.knaw.nl/guests/nisso/ndbeng.htm

AIATSIS Annual Bibliography
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971216txt.html#6
Site: http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/annbib96/rannbib.htm

Japan Documentation Center (JDC)--Library of Congress
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971202txt.html#5
Site: http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/jdc/

National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Abstracts Database
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971216txt.html#1
Site: http://www.ncjrs.org/database.htm

HADDON: The online catalogue of archival ethnographic film footage
1895-1945
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971007txt.html#6
Site: http://www.rsl.ox.ac.uk/isca/haddon/

Modern Chinese History: A Basic Bibliography
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971021.html#6
Site: http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/chinesehistory/bibliography.html

SCAD Bibliographical Database--European Union
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-971017.html#5
Site: http://europa.eu.int/scad/

United Nations Documentation: Research Guide
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/socsci/1997/ss-971021txt.html#3
Site: http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/resguide/index.html

Anthropological Index Online
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970905.html#5
Site: http://lucy.ukc.ac.uk/AIO.html

National Longitudinal Surveys of Labor Market Experience Annotated
Bibliography
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970704.html#4
Site: http://www.chrr.ohio-state.edu/nls-bib/bib-home.htm

Peace Keeping Citation List-- Center for Defense Information (CDI)
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970718.html#4
Site: http://www.cdi.org/issues/pkcite/

Social Sciences in Forestry Bibliography
Abstract: http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/report/archive/scout-970328.html#3
Site: http://www-stp.lib.umn.edu/for/bib/SSiF.html