Idle Curiosity

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Sun Mar 29 14:42:32 EST 1998

Perl has seriously erroded my C skills.

  "What do you mean I can't use a variable in as a string in one
   statement and then as an integer in the next?"

  "This string would be so easy to match if I had regular expressions..."

  "What?  Associative arrays are not built into the language?"

  "Memory allocation?  Who needs to worry about memory leaks?"

..not to mention the portability advantages of Perl.  For work or play, I
use more Perl now than ever before.

Peter

Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888