PC Room - Space requirements.

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Thu Mar 26 16:28:04 EST 1998

If you need to plan for space requirements, a really helpful source is:

De Chiara, Joseph. Time-saver standards for building types. 3rd ed. New York
: McGraw-Hill, c1990.

It's sort of a "fake book" for architects. Just about any recent edition of
this book will have what you need.

At 03:44 PM 3/25/98 -0800, mbancroft at ssc.nsw.gov.au wrote:

>If you have a computer lab or similar, perhaps you can help us work out
>space requirements.
>As in almost any library space is limited.
>We want to set up a room  for the dual purpose of  public PC access and
>training.
>We want to house 8 PCs and a standard desk (For a trainer).
>At the moment we are looking at an area  5.5m x 4.5m.
>How much space do we need?
>
>TIA
>
>Max Bancroft.
>Sutherland Shire Libraries and Information Service
>Sutherland NSW Australia.

Donald A. Barclay                          always the beautiful answer
Houston Academy of Medicine-               who asks the more beautiful question
Texas Medical Center Library                        --e.e. cummings
donaldb at library.tmc.edu