Netscape: CCK ...

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Mar 26 09:55:01 EST 1998

I spent yesterday afternoon creating a version of the Navigator stadalone
browser for our public Windows 95 stations. Other than  the size of the
initial download, I am very happy with the CCK set.  I was able to change:

1. the "Search" button to point at our internet searchengine page.
2. Clicking on Netscape's N icon now takes you to the library page.
3. to same set of personal toolbars for all 4 machines.

Combined with other security software, I am quite satisfied with the set
up.  I now also have the "setup.exe" saved on our network so that if
Netscape becomes corrupted on any of our machines I can just uninstall it
and re-install over the network.

I am left with some things I want to do but don't know how:
1. how do I change the text that displays in the status bar when I pass the
mouse over the Netscape N?
2. how do I set up the automatic time out someone mentioned in an earlier
posting?  I couldn't find the URL in the archives.
3. Disabling right mouse without using security programs.
4. Eliminating certain icons from the toolbars such as the bookmark icon
while still keeping the location bar.

Thanks.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Support the North East Dairy Compact. Help the family dairy farm survive.