Win 95 vs. NT

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Mar 22 17:54:33 EST 1998

I was feeling very clear about the Windows 95 vs. NT discussion until I
began mulling resource allocation issues.  Security, yes, very important...
so is crowd control.  What about setting up a workstation time-out with a
warning message under NT workstation?  Is this possible?  WinKiosk, Cooler
and WinU offer these features... and they are Windows 95 applications.  (If
this is somehow doable with DRA's Web2, I'm also interested; we aren't
online yet, which is why I don't know this.  I heard of a setup using the
reserve-room feature in another OPAC system to schedule computer sessions,
which is why I ask.)

Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com http://www.bluehighways.com
Director, Garfield Library of Brunswick, NY
Author: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters, Neal Schuman, 1997
Information is hard work