periods at end of URLs

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Thu Mar 19 19:28:47 EST 1998

Despite the fact that my e-mail program handles this OK,
I never put punctuation at the end of a URL.....I always
try to format my e-mail notes so that relevant URLs are
on separate lines, without extraneous punctuation. I think
that it just makes it easier for people to note the URLs.
And not everyone has e-mail that allows you to click on
a URL in the text of an e-mail note.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning & Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone: (217) 333-4895