Non-web technical questions like this one

Byron C. Mayes bcmayes at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu
Wed Mar 18 10:42:22 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 stjones at umbc.edu wrote:

> There are a fair number of questions that get posted to this list that
> would probably be better posted to usenet groups.  I personally find
> usenet an excellent source of technical information.  Questions like the
> one below can be nicely handled under comp.os.ms-windows.networking.* (5
> groups on my usenet provider) or comp.os.ms-windows.nt.* (12 groups).

I'd also recommend the SYSLIB-L, the systems librarianship list as
another option, particularly for those who dislike either newsreaders or
the general chaos of usenet.

The listserv address is:

         LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU

The info file follows my .sig

 Prof. Byron C. Mayes
 Systems Librarian/Assistant Professor
 Hunter College of the City University of New York
 695 Park Avenue * New York, New York 10021
 bcmayes at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu  * 212-772-4168 * Fax: 212-772-5113