WS_FTP settings

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:14:20 EST 1998

>Can anyone tell me how to set WS_FTP so that it opens to a specific
>drive and directory? When I first loaded it on our public workstation, it
>opened to the c:/temp directory, which is where I want it.

>I am running WS_FTP version 1.1 (I think), on Windows NT and on
>Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

The opening Session Properties screen of version 4.5 of WS_FTP95 (I'm using NT
also) has a Startup tab which lets you specify an initial directory.  I don't
remember what version I used with Windows 3.1, but you might want to get the
latest one (free to libraries and some others) at http://www.ipswitch.com.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org